March 7, 2014
Filing is now complete. Click here for the 2014 ORANGE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY CANDIDATES.
March 7, 2014
March 4, 2014
Mobilizing Latino Voters In the Triangle
Saturday March 8, 2014
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Southern Human Services Center
2501 Homestead Rd, Chapel Hill
- Engage North Carolina Latinos in political activity in 2014 and 2016
- Learn about new VOTER ID laws
- Demand NC and National attention to jobs, income inequality, immigration reform, public school improvements, fair housing, and other issues
Come participate in creating a Latino Caucus-
A coordinated response to make sure everyone gets to vote in 2014-16!
- Congressman David Price, 4th District Congressman
- Pilar Rocha-Goldberg, El Centro Hispano
- Dani Moore, Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project of North Carolina (IRRP-NC)
- Maria Teresa Palmer, Chapel Hill Town Council and
Micheal Palmer, Educator
- Matt Hughes, Chair of Orange County Democratic Party
Sponsored by the Orange County Democratic Party
MOVILIZANDO A LOS LATINOS VOTANTES EN EL TRIANGULO
Sábado, 8 de marzo del 2014
10:30AM a 12:30PM
Centro de Servicios Humanos del Sur
2501 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill
• Involucre a los Latinos de Carolina del Norte en actividades políticas para el 2014 y 2016
• Entérese de las nuevas leyes de votación con identificación (VOTER ID)
• Demande atención National y en Carolina del Norte sobre trabajos, desigualdad en el ingreso, reforma migratoria, mejoramiento de las escuelas públicas, vivienda justa y otros asuntos.
Ven a participar en la creación de la Camarilla Latina –
Una respuesta coordinada para asegurar que todos voten en el 2014 y 2016!
• Congressman David Price, Congresista del 4o. Distrito
• Pilar Rocha-Goldberg, El Centro Hispano
• Dani Moore, Proyecto de Derechos de Refugiados e Immigrantes de Carolina del Norte (IRRP-NC)
• Maria Teresa Palmer, Consejal del Pueblo de Chapel Hill
Micheal Palmer, Educador
• Matt Hughes, Director del Partido Democrático del Condado de Orange
Patrocinado por el Partido Democrático del Condado de Orange
February 22, 2014
I filed last week for re-election to my 10th term in the NC House for District 56 (Hillsborough Township, Carrboro and Chapel Hill precincts). With the recent massive turnover in the NC House, I currently rank 5th among the 43 House Democrats and the 9th overall among the 120 House members. Not surprisingly, my roles now include bringing a historical perspective to public policy and mentoring new members.
January 30, 2014
January 28, 2014
Our January 28 CEC meeting is CANCELLED due to the threat of inclement weather. A make-up date has not been scheduled.
January 27, 2014
January 23, 2014
When Congressional candidates file their 2013 4th quarter financial reports with the FEC later this month, Laura Fjeld, Democratic candidate for the 6th Congressional district of North Carolina will report raising over $275,000 during the course of her campaign which started in mid-August. (more…)
January 23, 2014
Senator Kay Hagan is by far the #1 target of the Koch Brothers in their quest to control the United States Congress.